Presidents Corner – March 2017
And the nominees are …
I am very pleased to announce that the Nominating Committee has completed their work and forwarded their recommendations for election to the Austin Prime Timers Board. The members recommended by the Nominating Committee have included brief statements below. I would also like to thank all of the members with whom we talked as well as those members who submitted suggestions. The level of interest in our organization is truly encouraging.
As a reminder, the election will be held at the March general meeting on March 12. Those recommended by the Nominating Committee will be considered nominated but our bylaws also provide for additional nominations to be made from the floor. All members in good standing at that meeting will be voting to fill the three vacant positions on the Board and those elected will serve a two year term.
Refer to the March Momentum for statements from each of nominees.
Other upcoming events
In addition to the March election there are a lot of things coming up in the near future to fill your calendar:
- Our Spring Social is coming up April 22—be sure and mark your calendar.
- MCC has scheduled their Conference on Aging Gracefully for April 8. Prime Timers will be represented with a table and we will be looking for volunteers to be on hand to provide folks with information about our organization.
- The San Antonio Prime Timers are sponsoring another trip to Port Aransas coming up May 9-12. There is information in this Momentum about hotel reservations. This is always a great opportunity for those who can get away for a couple of days and enjoy the beach, catch up with San Antonio friends or make some new ones.
- The Anniversary Dinner is coming up May 21. It promises to feature good food, good entertainment and good times – DON’T MISS OUT!! Final details are being worked out now—stay tuned for more information coming very soon.
- A national LGBT march is being scheduled at cities across the country on June 11 as a show of strength in the face of the various proposals to diminish the gains we have made in the last few years. Austin Prime Timers has been asked to participate in the planning for the Austin event. If you are interested in attending those meetings with me or have suggestions you would like to see discussed please let me know.